Friday, March 24, 2006

here in Denver

Such bittersweet sadness leaving a city that I have become so closely connected. Everything was such an up-close and personal experience. I feel like I love this city more than I can comprehend or understand for these circumstances.
But here I am halfway home. Being on the plane was actually fun this time. I sat next to a girl named Rachel from Central Washington. She and her group were also in New Orleans for the week just with a different Christian organization. Funny how you find a close friend among strangers simply because you have both been through the same experiences-sweat, exhaustion, compassion, and expectancy for the last week.
It was a beautiful sunset over the mountains as we came in for the landing. Things are different in Denver. Their bathrooms also serve as tornado shelters.