Thursday, March 09, 2006

calvary:slo rocks

I just got back from a special teacher appreciation dinner. Well, not really just now, I've been home for a while, but anyways. The Aleve totally kicked in and I feel 100% better so I was at least capable to drive down there. Wasn't ready to take off my hoodie once I got there, but besides its been cold and windy. So dinner was amazingly delicious. I just started working with the kindergarteners and hardly know any of the other people on staff or other teachers. But everyone was so friendly. I love it. There were some good conversations, lots of laughs, and a general feeling of encouragement and appreciation. I can totally remember being in Sunday school with the whole craft, lesson, and snack deal. Back when pogs were the "in" thing. good times. So, I'm glad that back then there were other adults willing to invest their lives and faith in me. Now, its my chance to give back and serve at my home church. Plus, the kids are great. Even if they come in shy or upset by the time they have to leave, they don't want to! They give me energy and joy by simply being themselves. Sometimes the innocence and wonder in their eyes just hits me to the core. I can see why Jesus' heart desires and breaks for children to love Him. Oh God, that I could be the slightest reflection of His love and excitement!