Saturday, February 04, 2006

latest read

I've been reading the same book for over a month now. It makes me very sad that I don't have time to do the things that I enjoy, but I found this paragraph so unbelievably encouraging. Just listen...
"If you are a servant of the Lord, let me encourage you to please, please, humbly watch that you don't slip into the same error I did. The Lord God jealously desires us for himself. He is the lover of our souls. If we ever put anything before our relationship with Jesus- even our work for Jesus- then we will be ensnared. If you are burned out, stop! Rest! Your lamp needs a constant infilling of the Lord's oil or your light will be snuffed out. Remember that, "You will be delivered by returning and resting;your strength will lie in quiet confidence.But you are not willing. . . . Therefore the Lord is waiting to show you mercy,and is rising up to show you compassion, for the Lord is a just God.Happy are all who wait patiently for Him." Isaiah 30:15,18
-The Heavenly Man, Brother Yun with Paul Hattaway