Sunday, February 26, 2006

freakin out

I'm going to New Orleans. So I've wanted to go since Experience Jesus conference, but I've been going through a major time of doubt. Its such an easy temptation to take the simple way out and say I'm going home for spring break. I could catch up on sleep and feel relaxed. Or stay here and work alot because money is always a good thing. But I know going is the right thing to do and I won't regret it. The bad part was buying my own flight tickets. I booked the plane for the wrong day. Then panicked. Fortunately, got it worked out. It was only a service charge by orbitz that I lost but thats better than wasted time or buying a hotel room or paying extra for transportation. Anyways, this will be the first time I get on a flight all by my lonesome. That's why I'm freaking out. Planes and I don't really get along all that well. But I will probably be sleeping most of the time so it will be cool. Want to know the funniest, cutest thing I've heard today?
"I feed my dog, dog food, and my cat, cat food."
-one of the kindergartners
These kids are so great. They totally make my day with their unbridled joy and complete innocence. The boys especially teach me so much. One minute they chase me around the playground and play rough. But then they are still at that young age where they will come in and sit on my lap or right next to me. This one little guy stays quiet as long as we sit together. And he just perfectly fits into my lap, so I can rest my chin on the top of his head. No wonder Jesus loved children. Well, and still loves all of the little ones.