Sunday, October 01, 2006

is this really how it goes?

So I was just at a vision/planning meeting, and we were discussing the topic of discipleship. One of the comments was about past disciplees and how they are married and having kids. Which I all really admire and am grateful for. But the part where I struggle is...is this how we really measure accomplishment? By getting a MRS degree and popping out a few kids? Don't get me wrong. I understand that this will most likely happen to me too. But I see in myself so much more potential than that. What about ministering in the workplace and volunteering at church for the still-young-single past disciplees? They have nothing to be ashamed of and shouldn't be looked down upon because they aren't currently in THE relationship. Again, I know I will find myself there. So I guess I am still battling this concept of women and marriage and work and God and church. Its all there in my head. Just jumbled and frustrated I guess. Trust me its all there, I've been getting it from all angles. Boundless articles. Song of Solomon lesson at church. I should really just accept it and move on. I am hoping this is all bringing me closer to God rather than search for a relationship which isn't developing.
PS- This is the first time I've been home all day since leaving for church at 8:15. Got lots accomplished though. I hope.