Saturday, October 14, 2006

backyard camping

So, yesterday I get home around 5:30 after being on the go since 9. I honestly felt like doing nothing for an hour, not socializing, not being anywhere, just sitting for a change with nothing on my mind or a place to rush off to. I got ready at a very slow pace. Got to the overnighter and definitely did not feel like mingling. Mingling is so difficult. Every conversation is so surfacy and is at such a high, perky level that it drains me really quickly. I ended up having some good conversations with people I never get the chance to spend time with. (I am beginning to think that my "love language" is quality time. But that is a different discussion for a different time and place.) I ended up having a really great time and even gave in to spending the night. I think I slept more and better camping than I would have at home. I am just glad that I can honestly look at my friends pictures and say, "Yes, I really was having a good time and that isn't a fake smile."
One other thing, we enjoyed a little p&w this morning, and I realized something. The love of Christ really does take my breath away and make me weak in the knees when I attempt to comprehend it and all those other emotions seen in chick flicks. Simply put, its good to be in love with Someone so wonderful as God of the universe.