Tuesday, May 09, 2006

feeling blue

I still haven't managed to accomplish anything. And honestly, am feeling a little depressed. I miss Wildflower. My heart breaks for New Orleans. I desire to be constantly serving.
About New Orleans, I would move there in a split second if I knew there was nothing important holding me back. That would be, for example, school. I guess that is just a display of my willingness, or lack there of, at following the call and will of God.
Wildflower is such a unique atmosphere to be in. Minus the drunks of course. It is one of the few weekends it is acceptable to go without a shower and just serve people. I love getting up at the crack of dawn to be a part of something bigger than myself. It is much easier getting out of my sleeping bag on the hard dirt in the freezing cold with the purpose of putting a smile on someone's face compared to crawling out of my blankets to make it to class on time. Everything about being there was fantastic. Its sad that I would feel down after not seeing somebody for only one day, but it happens. And its not even one person. Its all of them. New friends and especially the old ones. The people I served with, laughed with, made a fool of myself with at dinner. Its amazing to think back to last year and realize how many friendships started because of camping at Beach City or working in festival. I go there wanting to be put to work. Just given something, anything to do. And I get back and complain about the amount of homework I have or how inconvient it is to do a favor for a friend.
I suppose the key to all of this is something I kinda implied but just now realized. That everything we do is a form of service. That I should be able to make anything have a purpose and glorify God in some manner. The way I take notes or my trip to the grocery store or conversations or earning grades. It sounds so simple yet I have obviously overlooked this fundamental part of life. Wow, it makes procrastination so much worse. And time management so important. So about that, maybe I should finish my ce homework and materials reading.