Friday, April 14, 2006

OEX day!

Its been a hectic day. Started off with waking up from my "nap" at six to finish ce homework and bust out a lame resume in fifteen minutes. Off to morning prayer which is such an uplifting blessing. My friend and I had a good chat on the way back to class too. About how awesome it is to hear guys pray because it is one of the few times they are totally honest and real. Their faith and love for God just becomes so evident. And how cool it is to see the different aspect of God's character in their personalities. It is actually like getting a glimpse of Christ from our brothers and sisters. So class was just mundane, and I got absolutely no homework done. Project dinner was so much fun though. We had burritos, yum. (Plus, I think its difficult to feed seventeen people at once.) And played this crazy ice breaker game that lasted for over an hour. We were supposed to choose three different Easter colored mini candy bars. Then found out that each color had a story to it. Pink, most embarrassing moment(by far, the best stories too). Green, favorite family vacation memory. Blue, hobby(kinda out of place but still good). Gold, something about our family. The guys had the craziest stories for everything. I think girls tend to block out embarrassing moments, but guys like to laugh about them over and over again. So this team definitely has personality and flavor to it. Some of the stories that were shared I was amazed that they had been willing to let anyone know that because it truly is embarrassing. I had a pink and two blues. So, I basically told about my chair getting yanked in freshmen english class which I think the story is more funny to myself, but it went over well. The best part though was when I introduced myself, this group of about six guys went, "Hi, Kim!" It scared me but it was the funniest thing ever. Another embarrassing moment. I'm afraid they are already picking on me, but its all good. I had a great time and can't wait to spend my summer in service with this extraordinary group of people.