Monday, November 21, 2005

the weekend

So, the last couple of days have been crazy. Saturday night was the Relient K concert, which was totally awesome. When we got there and waited in line forever, I hadn't realized they were checking student ID cards with the admission tickets, but one of the people let me in anyways. I was so jazzed about that since I didn't have to walk all the way back to our apartment and wait in line all over again, and because I recognized her when she was on stage particpating during a Smile and Nod show. The concert was so packed with little kids too. House of Heroes was one of the openers that I really liked. The lead singer had nice hair- even while he was rockin out it went back to the same place all smooth. (I wish my hair could do that.) Relient K was really fun to watch and listen to. The lead singer acted just the way I had always pictured in my mind. They even played the theme song to Full House which was random but awesome! We didn't stay for MxPx but went to Denny's for milkshakes and played Cranium with our neighbors until really late. Before we started the game, one of the guys plays the bagpipes, so he went out by the staircase/courtyard area and played a couple of songs. It was so great, and everyone was cheering. Well, except for one jerk, but besides that they loved it.
Sunday was our little pre-Thanksgiving. I spent most of the afternoon making funfetti cupcakes for two birthdays and snacks for small group tonight. The oven was going all day, and the turkey was roasted next door, and some pies went upstairs to another friend's apartment. So, that means we used three ovens yesterday. Dinner went way better than I expected. We had 18 people in our apartment and plenty of food. I was so tired once I had finished eating and sat down. After cupcakes, cleaning, onion-roasted potatoes, and a quick run, I needed time to catch my breath. Clean-up was pretty easy, but by then I had to finished my physics assignment that was due this afternoon. wow, it was a night.
And today, my bio class was cancelled because of the short week, I got a high B on my physics midterm, and I'm going over to my Bible study leader's place for dinner (enchiladas!). Plus, this time tomorrow I will be going home!