Wednesday, November 30, 2005

little bit of a crisis

So here's the story... I just got back from a run and wanted to start dinner before I showered. I put veggie oil in a pan on the stove and was ready to add the meat for beef stroganoff. Then it BURST INTO FLAMES. What the heck? It was so freaky. At least two of my roomies were here and helped handle the situation. It would be so funny to hear our conversation now because we really controlled the entire ordeal in an orderly fashion. The scary part was the fire alarm, all the smoke, talking with the csd and policeman. After the place was such a mess because the fire extinguisher coats everything with powder. I think I cleaned for four straight hours. And of course having to tell my parents was hard. They even started in on the whole "you should have done this" or "that's not the way you are supposed to do it." Well, there were no injuries or damages. Thank God. Now I just have to get all the adrenaline out of my system so I can actually sleep soundly tonight.