Tuesday, November 08, 2005

ramblings

So, all of the sudden it seems like I have too much on my mind. I mean, besides school of course which by the way is looking less daunting. I'm not sure if that is due to over-confidence or disillusionment. Its just that my thoughts seem to be swirling all over the place. I just found out a friend is dropping out and moving back home. Now it is just a matter of when the school says to move out. I'm struggling with the fact that I don't know what to think. I saw this coming about a year ago. But it is definitely not the time to say, "See I told you so." I feel really bad since I (well this includes every person but it just convicts me so hard right now) am supposed to have this godly impact on people around me. I am not understanding the better promise and hope in this situation that God could have in store. Note to self, remember:
And I am sure that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on that day when Christ Jesus comes back again.
-Philippians 1:6
Then there is the fact that I have been making some more new friends. This is a good thing in and of itself. But I'm not sure about some of my feelings when I want to tell this one new friend about something important (see above) rather than a close, older friend. I am usually a rational person, and this doesn't make any sense! So I had all these things laying heavy on me during Bible study. We kinda closed with the fact that we don't take the time to,
"Be silent, and know that I am God! "
-Psalm 46:10a
I decided on my walk back home to sit and have devotionals under the stars outside (since it has been stormy there weren't any stars). I guess I was expecting something super profound or encouraging. I finally got back after my toes were frozen and realized that I hadn't waited for God to speak, which is what I was really after. Oh, how easily distracted I am. So, I just got back from a little walk that has at least calmed the anxiousness of my heart and soul and instead has replaced the stress with the love and comfort only found in my Heavenly Father. Saying that sounds so easy and simple but was my answer all along for every one of these worries I have blabbed about. Thank goodness for the patience of God.