Tuesday, August 12, 2008

call it what it is

The church I've been visiting has been going through Genesis. The very beginning with creation and fall of mankind. It hit me though - the passage about taking the fruit Genesis 3:1-7. Eve shows doubt about God's words, just like I do frequently. She got to experience a pure relationship and communion with Him too, up to that point. Not that I get an excuse, not the point I'm after. But doubt is rejecting God's will and Word. Doubt is replacing truth with my preferred reality. My preferences cannot be as good as truth. We so easily admit that we are "doubting God" in some area of our lives. When really it is a whole bundle of rebellious thoughts and actions we are dealing with. I think I would stray further from doubt if I remembered what I was really exchanging God for.