Monday, July 14, 2008

high school

I've come to realize and yet to accept that most of life is a repetition of high school. It wasn't that I had a terrible experience in high school either. I know that it could have been at lot worse. Plus I got a lot out of it, not just educationally, but also spiritually. So there is still much of what I learned that I use regularly.
The realization comes from the fact that the conversations, circumstances, and characteristics remain the same. Especially when it comes to working with a large group of other interns. Most of whom are relocated with quite a bit of time on their hands compared to a typical school schedule. So issues come up. And now that we are independent adults with an income, replays from high school have new elements of magnification with them. People are legal and equipped to have a little too much fun in various areas of entertainment, most of which doesn't make sense to me.
As for me, I still enjoy many of the same things I did in high school. I would much rather stay up late and pay for admission to a baseball game than sit around at a party. Much of my down time is spent reading or chatting with friends. And I've developed a work-out junkie habit in a few short weeks. Between all that, I don't have an interest or time for shenanigans.