Friday, October 26, 2007

orphan

"That is a BRIGHT orange shirt."
Luckily, I like orange although I don't get the chance to wear it that often except for the last two days. There have been 700 orange "orphan" shirts roaming about campus. Why? I wasn't sure at first either and was quite skeptical. Until a friend set me straight and I caught the vision. So, these shirts are to raise awareness for children in Africa orphaned by AIDS. Something I don't know a whole lot about or experienced personally. But I am continually learning about compassion and how it plays out in my life. So if its as simple as hurting for people across the world, wearing the same shirt for two days(don't worry I washed it in between :), and explaining to others that the "Experience Africa" tent is coming to campus next week - I can manage. Its even a little uncomfortable at times but that is what stretching is all about. Check it out.
impact1.org