Wednesday, October 26, 2005

i am so worthless

Last Sunday at Calvary SLO, we learned about Paul's journeys in Acts 14. Afterward, I had made the comment to one of my roommates how easy it was to see that Paul was hand selected by God for a very specific but great purpose. He was a Roman citizen which came in handy; he was born Jewish so he could identify and speak to the people; and Paul was a Pharisee which allowed him to walk into any synagogue and start teaching to a group of people. When I hear all that I wonder why I am not equipped in every fashion like Paul. Then the light bulb kinda clicked. This is where the whole submission deal begins where I have no gifts and abilities that can actually further God's kingdom. But it also begins the part of God giving me a purpose and mission to add and strength my character and eventually spread to my skills. Its such a great encouragement to be reminded of God's eternal promises. That they never fail and it doesn't have a thing to do with me!