Wednesday, September 28, 2005

the working world

So, I started my first day of work at Mustang Graphics “counting out” Cal Poly magazines and strapping them for delivery all over campus. It has left me exhausted. But tonight, Campus Crusade really challenged me by asking, “Are you passionately pursuing and wholeheartedly following Christ?” So many times I want the answer to be an unwavering yes but the fact of the matter is I rarely do. It is so easy to put up this façade that my life is all dandy, but the reality is I mess up so much that it seems grace cannot cover the distance. But thankfully it does and encourages me to try again.
One day as Jesus was walking along the shore beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers- Simon, also called Peter, and Andrew- fishing with a net, for they were commercial fishermen. Jesus called out to them, “Come be my disciples, and I will show you how to fish for people!” And they left their nets at once and went with him. A little farther up the shore he saw two other brothers, James and John, sitting in a boat with their father, Zebedee, mending their nets. And he called them to come, too. They immediately followed him, leaving the boat and their father behind.
Matthew 4:18-22